Lamett Laminate Technical SpecificationsWhat is TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel?
TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel refers to the seaming of the planks which are pressed into the boards by a press plate process instead of traditionally being profiled (cut) and painted afterwards. Thus, while other types of laminate bevels have the artificial shape of a “V”, Lamett’s TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel is a rounded type of bevel that emulates the visual of the rolled edge of real wood flooring. Moreover, there is no HDF exposed like traditional V-groove plank.
Why is this bevel process unique?
- The concept of a pressed bevel is patented by the Faus Group, and licenses are granted to only a very select group of manufacturers.
- Producing this kind of bevel requires a technology that currently cannot be accomplished by the big continuous pressing machines of many traditional laminate manufacturers. Only the small, flexible presses are able to produce boards that have the Natural Bevel pressed into the HDF.
Why is LAMETT Revolutionary Here?
- Lamett is the first company to bring to market true synchronized embossing (EIR) in combination with the TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel technology on a wood grain pattern.
- To achieve this, a great amount of detail and precision is required. Lamett’s advanced production methods and technology allows this unique feature.
- Other manufacturers in the West use continuous press lines and at this stage are not able to produce the synchronized embossing (EIR) in combination with a TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel in one step on wood patterns.
- Certain machinery producers in the West are now experimenting with this since all realize that painted bevel is the product of the past. While others are experimenting with the new technology, LAMETT brings finished product to market!!
What are the Advantages of TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel?
- A much more natural look along the seaming and entire floor than regular V-Grooved bevel floors. The pressed bevel is a perfect imitation of real wood flooring edges.
- Easy maintenance! While regular V-groove planks are in many cases considered as “dust traps”, the TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel floor offers the visual of a beveled floor, but allows mops and vacuums to easily clean into the floor bevels. Research has revealed that female consumers rate “the easiness of cleaning” as one of their main concerns when selecting traditional laminate floorings.
- The TruEdge Natural Pressed Bevel allows for the décor paper of the plank to cover all the way through the pressed edge to the seam, thus providing 100% continuity for the life of the floor. The painted edges of traditional V-Groove bevel planks tend to discolor over time.
|Rustic Hickory laminate provides the visual of the popular Hickory species, complemented by Real Wood Feel EIR embossing and a very subtle hand scraped surface. The TruEdge Natural Bevel technology gives a professionally finished look, and makes cleaning a breeze.|
|Wear Rating ||AC3|
|Warranty||25yr Limited Residential Wear Warranty|
|Plank Dimensions||4 ft x 5.5 x 1/3 in|
|Surface||Real Wood Feel & Handscraped|
|Installation method||Drop Loc |
|Box Contents||20.365 sqft, 34 lbs|